Welcome to Birch Class.
Our class teacher is Mrs Gristwood and we are very lucky to be supported by Mrs Hassam, Mrs Ali, Mrs Patel and Mrs Gelou!
In Numeracy we are going to be focussing on place value, reading and writing numbers up to 100 and beyond and understanding how many tens and ones make a number, comparing them to each other. We also want to make sure the children understand 'WHY' and expect children to explain how they know their answers.
We are also practising counting in 2's, 5's and 10's as we are preparing to learn our timestables. We are working hard to complete our 'timetables mountain'.
In English we are working really hard to ensure we are using good sentence structure. We need to make sure that we remember capital letters, finger spaces, full stops and making sure that it makes sense. We have started to read the story 'My Perfect Present' and will be using this to write our own story. We are also going to be focussing on our reading and comprehension, making sure that we are understanding what we are reading.
This half term our topic is 'Whatever the weather'. We have started learning the months of the year and seasons and talked about the changes throughout the year. We are going to look at different materials next, exploring which materials are best for different situations!
A quick reminder:
- PE is on Mondays and Fridays - thank you to everyone who has brought their PE kits in! :)
- Your child's bookbag should be in school everyday - your child will change their reading book on their given reading day
- Please make sure that your child reads 3 times a week to earn their reading badges!!!
- Please bring your child's water bottle into school every Monday. They will go home on Fridays to be washed
- Homework books need to be in school on Wednesday and will be given out again on Fridays!
If you have any questions, then please come and speak to us at the beginning or end of the school day. You can also Dojo and we will respond as soon as we can. :)