What we do
We take any ideas and suggestions from our classes to our weekly School Council Meeting. We then take back the ideas and information to our classes so that they can have an input into how our school is run. School Council is all about encouraging us to listen, discuss and share our views. If needed, we vote on issues that are important to us to contribute to the way our school is run.
What we will do 2022 - 2023
- We are taking part in the NHS Anti-Bullying poster competition.
- We are celebrating Road Safety Week. Remember to wear your hi-vis vest when walking. Remember to wear a seat belt and use a car seat if needed.
- We are thinking of ideas for our 5 ways to wellbeing themed Golden Time.
What we have achieved so far in 2022 - 2023
- We have organised a collection for Blackburn Foodbank, we set a £2 challenge (to see how many tins and items people could buy for just £2 and we had some amazing contributions!)
- We had an Odd Socks Day, to celebrate our differences on Tuesday 15th November.
What we have achieved in 2021 - 2022
- We have organised a student questionnaire to gather the views of the children in our school.
- We have looked over the results of our questionnaire and created plans for changes we want to make at our school.
- We have spoken to key staff members about the extra-curricular clubs in our school and how we can provide more opportunities for children.
- We organised a litter pick for our local area, it is everyone's responsibility to look after our environment! Every class had the opportunity to go out and pick up litter. We even made it onto the Blackburn Recycling website! See our photos here!
- We organised a collection to help families from the Ukraine and made a donation to the Red Cross.
What will we do?
- We are working with our Senior Leadership Team to prepare our Golden Time activities as part of our reward system in school, this was a success last half term and we are sure it will be again!
- We will continue to act on feedback and the views of our class members to make our school the place to be!!