What we do
We take any ideas and suggestions from our classes to our weekly School Council Meeting. We then take back the ideas and information to our classes so that they can have an input into how our school is run. School Council is all about encouraging us to listen, discuss and share our views. If needed, we vote on issues that are important to us to contribute to the way our school is run.
What we will do 2022 - 2023
- We are thinking of ideas for our 5 ways to wellbeing themed Golden Time.
- We are interested in training pupils in our school to be first aiders and mental health ambassadors, we are investigating how we can do this training now.
- We are working with adults in school to help organise events, such as Mother's Day, Father's Day and the Summer Fair.
- We are organising a charity fundraiser, to raise money for those affected by the earthquakes in Turkey and Syria.
What we have achieved so far in 2022 - 2023
- We have organised a collection for Blackburn Foodbank, we set a £2 challenge (to see how many tins and items people could buy for just £2 and we had some amazing contributions!)
- We had an Odd Socks Day, to celebrate our differences on Tuesday 15th November.
- We took part in the NHS Anti-Bullying poster competition and one of our children won the competition!
- We celebrated Road Safety Week in school and it was fantastic to see all of our younger children being safe on their way to and from school by wearing their High-Vis vests.
- We helped to organise World Book Day.
- We have carried out a Children's Mental Health questionnaire.
- We met with Andy Duxbury from Blackburn with Darwen, to discuss how we can become Road Safety Champions.
- We ensured that all KS1 and KS2 classes have an 'Ask it Basket.
- EYFS have all been trained in Mini First Aid.
What we have achieved in 2021 - 2022
- We have organised a student questionnaire to gather the views of the children in our school.
- We have looked over the results of our questionnaire and created plans for changes we want to make at our school.
- We have spoken to key staff members about the extra-curricular clubs in our school and how we can provide more opportunities for children.
- We organised a litter pick for our local area, it is everyone's responsibility to look after our environment! Every class had the opportunity to go out and pick up litter. We even made it onto the Blackburn Recycling website! See our photos here!
- We organised a collection to help families from the Ukraine and made a donation to the Red Cross.
What will we do?
- We will work with our Senior Leadership Team to prepare our Golden Time activities as part of our reward system in school, this has been a success so far and the rest of the children enjoy having their ideas for Gold Time.
- We will continue to act on feedback and the views of our class members to make our school the place to be!!