At Daisyfield Primary School we believe that physical activity is a very important part of our school day. Physical Education (P.E) gives children the opportunity to be active every single day through lessons, playtimes and completing the daily mile. Not only does exercise improve a child’s overall health and fitness but it helps to improve their mental health and cognitive development as well. By doing physical exercise, children are more likely to concentrate and maintain focus in lessons. As well as strengthening muscle and bones, exercise builds confidence, inspires positivity and improves social skills.
All schools must provide swimming instruction either in key stage 1 or key stage 2. Our year 3 children attend weekly swimming sessions from Autumn term to Summer term 1 and Year 4 children attend weekly swimming sessions in Summer 2. This constitutes as one of their weekly P.E sessions.
All children should wear the following for P.E lessons:
- green shorts
- green jogging bottom (during colder months)
- yellow t-shirt
- trainers (not black soled) - don’t have to wear during Dance and Gymnastics
- No jewellery
For swimming children are required to wear:
- A one-piece swimming costume or trunks (no shorts)
- Swimming cap
- Prescription goggles are required if needed
- An Islamic swimming costume can be worn, but this cannot consist of clothes for safety reasons