Early Years Foundation Stage
In EYFS we follow the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework, which we teach through the use of the Dimensions Curriculum approach. The EYFS learning and development requirements comprise:
- The seven areas of learning and development and the educational programmes.
- The early learning goals, which summarise the knowledge, skills and understanding that all young children should have gained by the end of the Reception year.
- The assessment requirements
There are seven areas of learning and development that shape educational programmes at Daisyfield Primary School. All areas of learning and development are important and inter-connected. Three areas are particularly crucial for igniting children’s curiosity and enthusiasm for learning, and for building their capacity to learn, form relationships and thrive.
These three areas, the prime areas, are:
- Communication and language
- Physical development
- Personal, social and emotional development
The four specific areas, through which the three prime areas are strengthened and applied are:
- Understanding the world
- Expressive arts and design
The EYFS Dimensions document is used to guide the planning and objectives, however professional judgement should also be used, for example sharing ideas based on previous experiences; the knowledge of the children and their development.